r127 w/ KMS on PPC?

Alex Buell alex.buell at munted.org.uk
Wed Apr 21 14:36:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 16:02 -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Alex Buell <alex.buell at munted.org.uk> wrote:
> > Does the r128 dri driver supports KMS in the kernel on PPC? I've a G3
> > iMac 600 here working very well with OpenGL but was wondering if it
> > could support KMS, in which case it would be quite nice.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> There's been some talk about an r128 KMS driver, but nothing has been
> done that I know of.

I'd like to step up for that, it'd let me learn a lot. I have already
extracted the r128 and its DRI from the 2.6.32 kernel tree and built
them as modules and they both work just fine, with the binary firmware.
What's involved in making KMS work on PPC? I'm sure I need the KMS
helpers and the TTM module as well right?

Thanks

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

One very high maintenance cat living here.