[PROBLEM] i915/drm: Insufficient FIFO for plane

Sitsofe Wheeler sitsofe at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 06:27:53 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 02:32:41PM +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:

> The "insufficient FIFO for plane" problem seems to have gone away with
> latest Linus' git. I suppose commit
> 9559fcdbff4f93d29af04478bbc48294519424f5 ("drm/i915: fix vblank wait
> test condition") fixed it although I don't see any mention of the
> error in the changelog?

I found that commit reduced the number of "insufficient FIFO for plane"
messages in certain circumstances too (when the system is stable I only
see one at boot). However when my system is in "unstable mode" (see
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=128272404206696&w=2 ), I can still
generate that message using the modetest (at the console) or xrandr (in
X) tools or by doing VT switches. When this is the case, the message
generally arrives in batches of two.

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/