2.6.37-rc2-git7 regression: wine fails to start

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Mon Dec 13 01:12:52 PST 2010

Hi Alex,

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 23:33:42 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:
> >> Any progress on this? Linus' latest kernel (2.6.37-rc5-git3) still has
> >> the problem. And this is a regression, so I don't think you can just
> >> ignore it.
> >>
> >> Is there a bug opened to track this bug already? I couldn't find one on
> >> bugzilla.kernel.org, but maybe I missed it. If there is none, I'll
> >> create one.
> >
> > Was it not fixed by this commit?
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=a235e4c9302509ac5956bbbffa22eb5ed9fcdc54

Not, it wasn't.

> > If not, open a bug and attach the dmesg with the error messages.
>
> Does the attached patch fix it?

Yes it does, thanks!

If you consider that user-space applications failing these tests are
broken, maybe you could use printk_once() to let them know? Otherwise I
suspect they will never get fixed. I think there's a way to get the
name of the faulty process and include it in the message.

--
Jean Delvare