Intel DRM driver for SNB

Segovia, Benjamin benjamin.segovia at intel.com
Mon Dec 13 20:32:42 PST 2010

To be more explicit, my concern is that I read that Chris Wilson proposed a patch preventing the VM to swap pages still in GTT. I did not see any trace of this patch in the main line yet.

So, it is anyway a bug which will be solved at some point? Can I be sure that once pinned in GTT and mapped in user space, my buffer can be safely used by both CPUs and GPUs and that the VM will never swap it?

Ben