Freescale Linux BSP review

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Tue Dec 14 00:59:57 PST 2010

Dnia wtorek, 14 grudnia 2010 o 03:35:20 Eric Miao napisał(a):
> > I think it is beneficial for us to integrate the kernel part into our
> > Linaro tree, so that we can build/use it together with the kernel image.
> > As for the user space libraries, how about adding them into the hwpack?
> > (Is there any legal issue for this?)
>
> I think so, there's normally a rule if free redistribution is allowed
> or not, even it's closed source.

Binary is named libgsl.so and conflicts with GNU Scientific Library package.
I noticed it ~month ago when played with 2d/3d acceleration for EfikaMX
Smartbook (i.mx515) and shared that info with Genesi (vendor of netbook). They
sent that information to Freescale so library will be renamed.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz