Linux 2.6.37-rc8 (no fb)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Dec 29 11:40:04 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap at oracle.com> wrote:

> The only significant difference that I can see in the kernel message log
> is this:

Hmm. I suspect that difference should have gone away with commit
92971021c6328 (Revert "drm: Don't try and disable an encoder that was
never enabled"), but clearly that didn't fix your blank screen.

Does reverting commit 448f53a1ede54eb854d036abf54573281412d650
("drm/i915/bios: Reverse order of 100/120 Mhz SSC clocks") fix it for
you? It does for some people..

Chris - why did that lvds_ssc_freq thing suddenly start mattering? Can
we please just disable spread-spectrum entirely? Or perhaps only if we
notice that it was enabled already? Or something?

                         Linus