Documentation of DRM's API?

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Sun Jul 4 08:54:20 PDT 2010

On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 17:36:29 +0200
Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While it's quite easy to track initialization of existing KMS drivers
> (plus we have http://www.botchco.com/agd5f/?p=50) I am not sure where
> to find documentation of API. I know driver has to register some
> outputs/encoders/transmitters related functions that will perform
> querying and setting. Is this possible to get some info about this?
> I'm sure there are some functions that are required and other that are
> optional (like DPMS vs. disable?).
>
> I saw there is something like Documentation/DocBook/drm.tmpl but can not use it:
>
> # make pdfdocs
> (...)
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/t1phv.fd)
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/t1pcr.fd) [1{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex
> /updmap/pdftex.map}] (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ts1ptm.fd)
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
> l.225 />
>         </fo:block></fo:block></fo:flow></fo:page-sequence><fo:page-sequence...
>
> ?
> ! Emergency stop.
> <to be read again>
> l.225 />
>         </fo:block></fo:block></fo:flow></fo:page-sequence><fo:page-sequence...
>
> !  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> Transcript written on tmp.log.
> make[1]: *** [Documentation/DocBook/z8530book.pdf] Błąd 1
> make: *** [pdfdocs] Błąd 2
>
> Is there any other place to look for docs?

You can edit the DocBook/Makefile to remove the broken docs from the
build.  That should get you going with the drm doc itself.  Much of the
drm source has doxygen rather than kdoc style comments though, I need
to clean those up before I can actually include the source generated
info in the drm.tmpl.