Suspend lockup: How to bisect d-r-t specific commits?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:23:48 PDT 2010

W dniu 20 lipca 2010 13:15 użytkownik Marius Gröger
<marius.groeger at googlemail.com> napisał:
> Am 20.07.2010 12:14, schrieb Rafał Miłecki:
>>
>> I've installed openSUSE 11.3 which comes with 2.6.34 kernel and added
>> 2.6.35-rc5 from package. In both cases suspending and resuming works
>> fine.
>>
>> Then I downloaded 2.6.35-rc5 and compiled it myself. Suspending and
>> resuming works fine.
>>
>> When trying d-r-t with the same config my machine locks up on
>> suspending, just before machine is expected to turn off.
>>
>> How can I use "git bisect" command to bisect d-r-t specific commits?
>
> Fwiw, for me (HD3200, RS780) current d-r-t resume from suspend to ram does
> not work. Last thing it shows is the text console with some random colored
> pixels, but not the X display where it was suspended from. It appeared liked
> the kernel was still running, but X was completely crashed and stuck. I
> haven't had the time yet to further debug this.

Now when I managed to merge Linus's tree into d-r-t suspend works fine
for me, but I get lock up after resuming. It's quite funny effect,
PANEL slowly blinks for 3 times and then it freezes.

I guess I'll have to learn rebasing instead of merging, so I'll have
all d-r-t specific patches on top or rc5, which will let me bisect.

--
Rafał