Possible fix to _mesa_remove_extra_moves function in shader/prog_optimize.c (request testing)

Conn Clark conn.o.clark at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:35:26 PDT 2010

Hello,

Here is a possible fix/hack to get _mesa_remove_extra_moves function
in shader/prog_optimize.c usable. As far as I could tell with my
testing there was an issue with this optimizing pass and OPCODE_MUL .
I just added an exception to for this one instruction and made it easy
to add others should further testing indicate they need to be added
too.

It bumped my Nexuiz scores on demo1 from 5,8,and 12 to 5,9, and 13. It
also reduced the testing runtime from 234 seconds to 225 seconds.

I have only tested on my radeon hd 3100 based laptop but would like to
hear results from other types of cards too.

Conn
--

Conn O. Clark

Observation: In formal computer science advances are made
by standing on the shoulders of giants. Linux has proved
that if there are enough of you, you can advance just as
far by stepping on each others toes.