[BISECTED, -next] drm/i915: blurred HDMI output

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Oct 18 12:57:05 PDT 2010

On Monday 18 October 2010 21:28:01 Jesse Barnes wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:13:59 +0200
> Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
>
> > On Monday 18 October 2010 20:56:48 Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > > Hm, the LVDS code should take care of panel fitting in
> > > the !HAS_PCH_SPLIT case.  Does this patch achieve the same thing as
> > > yours?  Maybe we were leaving a stale PFIT value in place...
> >
> > No, your patch doesn't have any effect for me.
>
> Oh right, you were complaining about HMDI. :)
>
> Yes we still need to shut off panel fitting elsewhere.  Do you see the
> blurriness at boot or just after turning on HDMI while leaving the
> laptop panel enabled?

It's a G45 desktop machine, not a laptop.

i915 is a module with kms enabled, the blur seems to show up on the
text console the moment that the module gets loaded during boot.
Before that, the console is in VGA text mode, which is always
slightly blurred because the screen has a different native resolution.

	Arnd