Interlace modes with r600 KMS

Marius Gröger marius.groeger at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 7 00:39:23 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm not able to use interlace modes (r600 KMS from d-r-t, HDMI output,
Xorg stack on xorg-edgers, Ubuntu lucid). All interlace modes which are
defined in EDID seem to be pruned and don't appear in xrandr. Manually
adding a mode using xrandr does work, and the TV set detects the mode,
but the image shows horizontal lines. No crash though.

Interlace modes did use to work fine in the past, but I don't know when
they ceased to function.

What is the status of interlace modes on this kind of setup? What more
tests or logs would be helpful to analyze the problem? What are other
people's experiences with this?

Thanks
Marius