Remaining BKL users, what to do

Jens Axboe jaxboe at fusionio.com
Thu Sep 16 11:32:36 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-16 16:49, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 16:32 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> The big kernel lock is gone from almost all code in linux-next, this is
>> the status of what I think will happen to the remaining users:
>
>> kernel/trace/blktrace.c:
>> 	Should be easy. Ingo? Steven?
>>

> Jens,
>
> Git blame shows this to be your code (copied from block/blktrace.c from
> years past).
>
> Is the lock_kernel() needed here? (although Arnd did add it in 62c2a7d9)

It isn't, it can be removed.

--
Jens Axboe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, its contents and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail message and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.