Linux 2.6.39-rc3

Joerg Roedel joro at 8bytes.org
Sun Apr 17 07:09:24 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 02:54:04PM -0400, Jerome Glisse wrote:

> If you want to go the printk way you can add printk before each test
> ring_test, ib_test in r600.c this 2 functions are the own that might
> trigger the first GPU gart activities.

Okay, I found the place in source that triggers this. It happens in the
function r600_ib_test. The interesting thing is that not the ib-command
itself is responsible but the fence that is emitted afterwards (proved
by removing the fence command, where the problem went away).
I don't know enough about the command semantics to make a guess what
goes wrong there. But maybe you GPU folks have an idea?

	Joerg