[git pull] drm fixes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Dec 6 08:27:50 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at linux.ie> wrote:

> 3 fixes, one for an ongoing Intel VT-d/Ironlake GPU that I've been
> testing, and one kexec fix from Jerome for an issue reported on the list
> where the gpu writeback engines need to be switched off, along with a
> trivial fix from Alex.

Quite frankly, I think it's too late for something like a kexec
bugfix. Nobody cares. So kexec doesn't work - that's not something
new. This doesn't smell like a regression to me. And the kcalloc
things you mention *sound* like some kind of cleanup crap.

The DRM layer has been fairly good for a few releases, but I'm getting
the feeling that I need to start pushing back, because I'm getting
stuff that I don't think matters, and shouldn't be sent to me after
-rc4.

So I'm not pulling this.

What the heck is up?

By now, I want fixes that either fix real regressions that people
*care* about, or that help new unreleased hardware that people *will*
care about and that cannot possibly mess up old users.

kexec? Who the f*ck cares? Really?

                      Linus