[BUG] drm/i915 Screen corruption introduced by a00b10c360b35d6431a94cb

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Sun Feb 20 01:20:13 PST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 03:20:15AM +0100, Indan Zupancic wrote:
> Sorry, I plainly forgot to mention that. I'm on my Thinkpad X40 with gen 2
> hardware, 855GM.

Ah, craptastic i855gm. Is this with the HIC poke patch?

<snip>

> > I've created two quick patches to check a few theories, please test them
> > (both patches independently and both together). Patches attached.
>
> Tried with both applied, doesn't change anything.

Well, these two patches completely undo the patch by Chris Wilson (and
I've re-reviewed it to check whether there are any other hidden bugs in
it). I suspect that your bisect went wrong because the range
a00b10c360b35d6431a94cb..5e78330126e23e00950 is known to be broken on your
hw. Could you recheck these two endpoints to confirm that breakage was
introduce in that range? If so, could you rebase this range and squash the
three patches by me you've mentioned in the original report into the patch
by Chris and re-run git bisect on this new branch?

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch