[BUG] drm/i915 Screen corruption introduced by a00b10c360b35d6431a94cb

Indan Zupancic indan at nul.nu
Mon Feb 21 19:25:15 PST 2011

Hi,

On Sun, February 20, 2011 14:21, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Well, don't start jumping around, yet. These patches are just to rule out
> some theories. Now: Is it fixed with just the 2nd patch alone or do you need both
> patches? This is very important, so please test extensively whether there are really
> no corruptions with just the 2nd patch.

I managed to create some corruption with an xterm above xpdf. It looks  different
than the original corruption, so I think it's safe to say it's a different bug:

http://img593.imageshack.us/i/ss1298340823.png
http://img203.imageshack.us/i/ss1298340776.png

This was without xcompmgr running, I don't think I would have seen it otherwise.
Actually, it turns out it's really easy to trigger as well, so I can more easily
test patches now. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to store the bisecting kernels,
gah!

I tried with both your patches, as well as the HIC poking patch, but I still get it.

I'll try to pinpoint more exactly when this started to happen.

Greetings,

Indan