[git pull] drm intel only fixes

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Jan 12 15:06:40 PST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:31:33 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> >
> > Ah, ok.  So it could be our internal FDI link is underrunning; it goes
> > between the CPU and PCH and carries display bits.
>
> I'm not sure it's an underrun or anything like that: the corruption is
> long-term in the non-video case. So I take back the "looks like memory
> bandwidth problems", because it really looks more like a corrupted
> blit operation there.

Ah ok if it's long running then yeah it's more likely to be a rendering
issue.  It could also be the FDI link getting its timings messed up
though, and consistently delivering the wrong bits; that could show up
in the same place on the screen each time, or it might move in a
pattern across the screen (usually from top to bottom).

> Will do. I'll have to reboot to the broken kernel (my bisection ended
> in a non-broken case)

Great, thanks.