[git pull] drm for rc1

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Thu Jan 13 09:55:14 PST 2011

> > > With your patch, I can boot the system. But nouveau is not loaded.
> > > dmesg attached.
> > >

> > Forget to mention: the revert makes first steps of boot look the same
> > (change the resolution of the text)
> > but with your patch, I see a big ugly ununtu logo, (I think that is
> > because nouveau is not loaded)

Okay, can you do one more experiment for me. Since you already reverted
the patch to get it booting I like to ask you to add

drm_fb_helper_fill_fix(info, fb_helper->fb);

back into the drm_fb_helper_set_par function in drm_fb_helper.c. You have
something like this:

        mutex_lock(&dev->mode_config.mutex);
        for (i = 0; i < fb_helper->crtc_count; i++) {
                crtc = fb_helper->crtc_info[i].mode_set.crtc;
                ret = crtc->funcs->set_config(&fb_helper->crtc_info[i].mode_set);
                if (ret) {
                        mutex_unlock(&dev->mode_config.mutex);
                        return ret;
                }
                drm_fb_helper_fill_fix(info, fb_helper->fb);
        }
        mutex_unlock(&dev->mode_config.mutex);

Tell me if your system is still usable after that. Thanks for testing for
me.