Please revert nouveau.

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jan 16 15:48:46 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Ben Skeggs <bskeggs at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've tested a bit here, current git with the revert does appear to work
> fine for me.

So Anca has a 8800GT - is that what you're testing?

Also, there may be things like FB config issues and/or kernel command
line arguments. For example, on the Intel side, we had people who had
non-working Intel modesetting because they had VESAFB and the legacy
INTELFB enabled. Did some ordering change so that perhaps having VESA
enabled took priority and then breaks the accelerated case or
something?

                            Linus