has the i915 "black screen" boot issue returned?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jan 28 01:24:17 PST 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Well, we have two endpoints, so let git attack:
>
> $ git bisect start
> $ git bisect good 58bbf018a70c562437eeae121a5d021ba7fe56a5
> $ git bisect bad abb72c828878a2c69b2cfb33ac30007c8ecd735e
>
> That shouldn't take more than a few recompiles to identify the
> troublemaker.

  ok, i can get to that in a bit.  might take a while since this
system is not exactly a screamer but i'm curious -- have you heard no
other reports of people running into this issue?  i'm going to be
embarrassed if it turns out it's something *i've* done but, at this
point, it seems fairly reproducible.

  are there any kernel command-line parms i might try that would be
informative?  anything involving modesetting?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca