[3.0.0-rc3] GMBUS timed out

Paul Rolland ( ポール・ロラン ) rol at witbe.net
Thu Jun 16 06:41:23 PDT 2011

Hello,

I've just booted 3.0.0-rc3 on my machine, and I got that message :
Jun 16 15:32:07 tux kernel: [drm] GMBUS timed out, falling back to bit banging on pin 5 [i915 gmbus dpb]

I've checked my logs, and I never got that with my previous 2.6.39.1
kernel, so that looks like something new to 3.x.

Should I report more details (and if so, which ones) or is that harmless
(though I doubt kernel messages about a time out are harmless ;)

Paul

PS : Added intel-gfx and dri-devel from previous emails related to i915,
but I'm not subscribed to these lists.