[RFC] Updated plane support v3

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Jun 21 02:12:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:55, Marcus Lorentzon
<marcus.xm.lorentzon at stericsson.com> wrote:
> And should it be possible to only define planes with no crtc framebuffer at
> all? Use case, for example letter boxed video on black background with small
> UI controls/subtitles. In this case it's not power efficient to have a
> fullscreen fb with mostly if not all transparent pixels.

I think we could shoe-horn this use-case into the current framework by
using a special crtc-property "ignore attached fb, use this default
color instead". But I think this would be better done in a second step
when we tackle atomic vsync flips across multiple planes and the
underlying crtc - that might also require us to change certain
properties in the same flip command.

-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter