Reverting rc6 by default

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jun 21 11:04:15 PDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:42:09 +0200, Francesco Allertsen <fallertsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:11:29AM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> > I'm more interested in seeing how the dmesg output differs between the
> > working state (rc6=0) and the broken state (rc6=1). Or is the machine
> > not accessible over ssh once you've started X?
>
> I got a complete freeze when I start X.  I have tried to log the output
> of dmesg via ethernet using netconole, but it doesn't log the drm debug.
> Is there another parameter to append at the kernel to send via ethernet
> also the debug?

I don't know how to get the drm debug sent to ethernet; perhaps someone
else does?

Btw, can you send along the output of dmidecode? I'm wondering what
version of the BIOS you've got. We've seen some pretty strange behaviour
on X201s with earlier BIOS versions which have been fixed with newer
versions.

For comparison, my X201s says:

# dmidecode 2.9
SMBIOS 2.6 present.
78 structures occupying 2868 bytes.
Table at 0x000E0010.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
	Vendor: LENOVO
	Version: 6QET46V1 (1.16 )
	Release Date: 07/05/2010
	Address: 0xE0000
	Runtime Size: 128 kB
	ROM Size: 8192 kB
	Characteristics:
		PCI is supported
		PC Card (PCMCIA) is supported
		PNP is supported
		BIOS is upgradeable
		BIOS shadowing is allowed
		ESCD support is available
		Boot from CD is supported
		Selectable boot is supported
		EDD is supported
		3.5"/720 KB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
		Print screen service is supported (int 5h)
		8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
		Serial services are supported (int 14h)
		Printer services are supported (int 17h)
		CGA/mono video services are supported (int 10h)
		ACPI is supported
		USB legacy is supported
		BIOS boot specification is supported
		Targeted content distribution is supported
	BIOS Revision: 1.22
	Firmware Revision: 1.9

keith.packard at intel.com