[git pull] drm fixes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Mar 24 16:48:21 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you think this has anything to do with Intel's ability to break your hardware
> on every merge then you've got your wires crossed.

No, it's about the fact that I expect to be pushed code that is
WRITTEN AND TESTED BEFORE THE MERGE WINDOW.

The merge window is not for writing new code. The code that gets
merged should have been written two weeks ago already. The only new
code that I want to see are actual regressions.

I have been talking about this for YEARS now. It's not a new issue. I
hate seeing patches sent to me while they are clearly still being
discussed and developed. There's something seriously wrong there when
that happens.

                           Linus