Tracking drm_intel_bo allocation

Segovia, Benjamin benjamin.segovia at intel.com
Sat Mar 26 00:28:42 PDT 2011

OK. Two last questions to be sure that I am doing correct things.

1/ I have to use an external tool to check leaks. Nothing to track per-process allocation from the kernel or from drm_intel?

2/ From libva and Mesa, I guessed that the correct way to use drm_intel for everything which is temporary (like a batch-buffer) is just to do:

- drm_intel_alloc
- drm_intel_exec (for example)
- drm_intel_unreference

Basically, I do _not_ have to be concerned about allocation overhead and how to reuse buffers: this is the role of libdrm_intel. Is it correct?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Ben