ELC and memory management

Gross, Andy andy.gross at ti.com
Mon Mar 28 08:40:33 PDT 2011

All,

There has been some discussion on the linaro-dev list about having a memory
management meeting at the ELC.  See links below:

http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-dev/2011-March/003053.html
http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-dev/2011-March/003623.html

Our interest in this stems from our current effort to migrate our OMAP
display and memory management functionality to the DRI/DRM model.  Like
everyone else, we have to allocate large blocks of memory that are used for
display, video encode/decode, and capture.  We're in the same boat of having
implementations that are not upstream.

We'd like to get a meeting going on one of the days where there is a
graphics centric presentation (Tues/Wed).   I'm trying to cast a wider net
to get more involvement in this issue.

Andy Gross