[git pull] drm fixes for -rc1

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 00:49:52 PDT 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:11:21 +0300, Pekka Enberg <penberg at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> Let me know if there's a patch/git tree to test. The flicker is
> extremely annoying and I boot the machine often because it's my main
> kernel development laptop.

I will let you know as soon as I have something ready for testing.

> > That's an old userspace bug, which so far no one has been able to
> > reproduce on the upstream ddx.
>
> Is it harmless? Why is the kernel complaining about it?

Being pragmatic, so that I can tell one EINVAL apart from another. And
it's only mostly harmless. Userspace is attempting to write to/read from
a buffer it has marked as being no longer required, so some rendering is
going amiss. And it does not rule out the possibility that at some point
it will catch the error later and result in a SIGBUS being sent to the
application (probably X).

However since it is not a kernel error nor is it fatal, that and a lot of