i915/kms/backlight-combo mode problem

Melchior FRANZ melchior.franz at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:23:06 PDT 2011

* Joey Lee -- Friday 06 May 2011:
> 於 五,2011-05-06 於 10:52 +0200,Melchior FRANZ 提到:
> > ... and changing backlight brightness worked with acpi_osi=Linux, too.
> > Unfortunately, that does no longer work now, although I haven't changed
> > anything. Pressing the brightness buttons causes some ACPI debug output,
> > but it doesn't adjust anything.

> hmm........ Takashi's patch works before, but doesn't work now?

Argh ... sorry Takashi. Joey is right. I thought I had tested that,
but apparently not. Indeed, your last patch prevents the backlight
from being turned off, but it also breaks the brightness adjustment
keys at runtime with acpi_osi=Linux. And without that it doesn't
work, anyway, just like before. I'll add some more debug messages ...

> Does that because my new patch for bko#34142 ? Could you please add
> acer-wmi to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist then reboot machine ?

Done. No, your patch is not involved. But backing out Takashi's
patch and re-applying confirmed that it's that patch.

m.