long delay when using HMDI output on RS780

Thomas Fjellstrom thomas at fjellstrom.ca
Mon May 9 14:32:48 PDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom <thomas at fjellstrom.ca>
wrote:

> >> Hi, attached both one with just drm.debug=4, and one with that and
> >> radeon.audio=0.
> >>
> >> Now, I'm guessing its a bug in my monitor claiming it can do HDMI audio?
> >> As setting radeon.audio=0 seems to have fixed the blanking problem. And
> >> the dmesg logs seem to claim that radeon thinks it can do HDMI audio.
>
> Most likely the driver is sending the wrong packets for hdmi audio.
> Until that gets fixed up, it's probably best to disable hdmi audio if
> it's not working for you.

Ok. I'll do that for now, since I have no need for HDMI audio atm. My receiver
is only capable of Dolby Pro Logic input, so eh.

Would be nice to fix the xorg pauses. And whatever is causing the massive
amounts of drm log spam (yes, I could disable drm.debug, but that would just
hide the issue, as whatever it is, will keep doing whatever it is doing
regardless).