(Short?) merge window reminder

Ralf Baechle ralf at linux-mips.org
Tue May 24 08:46:27 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 03:43:48PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> Can we drop most of MCA, EISA and ISA bus if we are going to have a big
> version change ? A driver spring clean is much overdue and it's all in
> git in case someone wishes to sneak out at midnight and bring some crawly
> horror back from the dead.

Dunno about MCA but I doubt we can kill all of (E)ISA. i8253, i8259 and a
few others still refuse hard to die.

Is it worth to setup a system to track success / failure reports for
drivers and ditch drivers once there are no success reports for a driver
for too long?  It may not be a good idea - people tend not report success
much more rarely than failure.

(On that matter, I wonder if there are 5.25" USB floppy drives ...)

  Ralf