DRM KMS Modesetting

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:05:10 PST 2011

2011/11/15 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net>:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing. At least my code seems right now, but I still
>>> cannot get it to work on my machine. The output of modetest is:
>>> https://gist.github.com/1365083
>>>
>>> There is only one connected connector+encoder+mode so I don't know
>>> where the problem exactly is. Are there any debug options? Is it
>>> possible to query the EGLImage for width/height?
>>
>> Ok maybe the gen3 vs gen4 EGL image code isn't calculating the
>> width/stride correctly somewhere then.  You'd have to walk through the
>> gbm_dri2.c and egl_dri2.c code and see where the width is going off
>> into the weeds.
>
> Could be, I know I've run Wayland on Pineview though, so that works at
> least.  David, did you try eglkms from mesa demos?
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/demos/tree/src/egl/opengl/eglkms.c

I tried it now. I get a black screen and in the left quarter there is
one white triangle which fades to black. But again, the right 3/4 of
the screen are black.

> Kristian

I will try to debug my mesa package but this will probably take some
time. If someone has an idea how to find the bug faster, just tell me
;)

Regards
David