drm pixel formats update

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Nov 16 11:54:12 PST 2011

> If anyone has problems with the way the formats are defined, please
> speak up now! Since only Jesse has bothered to comment on my rantings
> I can only assume people are happy with my approach to things.

Umm .. no. I don't see why they are needed. Its just an extra layer of
gratuitious confusing indirection. The rest of the world speaks and
understands FourCC sp for all the formats covered by an existing FourCC
name we should just the existing name.

You might need to check one now and then but everyone doing video
processing is familiar with them including all the Windows folk.