KMS and TTM questions

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Mon Oct 3 12:01:33 PDT 2011

Hi!

	I been working on updating the VIA kernel driver to using KMS
and TTM. So this weekend I started to implement a couple of buffer
allocations internally to the driver from the video ram. So the first
buffer I allocated was not the front buffer from the video vram but a
virtual queue buffer of about 256K in size. The second allocation was
the front buffer. The problem was the buffer offset for the second
allocation was the same as the VQ buffer. I'm stump to what I'm doing
wrong, so does anyone have a idea?
	Second question I have is how are monochrome cursor images
handled with KMS. Yes we need to support CLE266 which is used in a lot
of POS devices. That chipset only supports monochrome cursors.