kernel recompile only drm r600_irq_process IH: CP EOP no CP int

Vipin vj358 at nyu.edu
Sat Sep 10 09:35:56 PDT 2011

Hello,

First, my system set up

Fedora 14
Before : 2.6.35.6 booted with drm.debug=0x07

I see drm:r600_irq_process, IH: CP int: 0x00000000
and No IH: CP EOP

with the default**fedora 14 install with the above mentioned kernel

After: 3.0.3 booted with drm.debug=0x07
When I recompile my kernel, I don't see any CP int: , but only CP EOP
interrupts.

I have seen this behaviour across two machines one with fedora install &
another with an ubuntu 10.10 (2.6.35.28 -> 3.0.3)

The code in r600.c specified plain switch based on the received case.
Does this mean the case 176-178 are not executed when I recompile the
kernel ? which doesn't sound right because its being shown in the
previous kernel ?

Am I doing any mistake ? Any missing option in kernel configuration ?
but then I shouldn't even see CP EOP.

Firmware exists in /lib/firmware/radeon

Any further pointers are appreciated. Please ask for more information.
Vipin Jain