Proposal for a low-level Linux display framework

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 14:31:24 PDT 2011

> Okay, I see your problem. It's a bit strange you don't have acceleration. I

The hardware has 3D acceleration but not open so we can't support it.
There is no 2D acceleration - which seems to be increasingly common.

At some point I'll add hardware scrolling however by using the GTT to
implemnent scroll wrapping.

> sound like a big problem to me, but pretty inefficient, so probably copying the
> existing ones and adjusting it to your needs would be preferred (just like the
> sys* implementations exist).

I did have a look at the current ones but fixing them up given scan lines
can span page boundaries looked pretty horrible so I deferred it until I
feel inspired.

Alan