[RFC 4/4] drm: Add NVIDIA Tegra support

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Apr 11 05:48:10 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 02:10:30PM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> This commit adds a very basic DRM driver for NVIDIA Tegra SoCs. It
> currently has rudimentary GEM support and can run a console on the
> framebuffer as well as X using the xf86-video-modesetting driver.
> Only the RGB output is supported. Quite a lot of things still need
> to be worked out and there is a lot of room for cleanup.

Indeed, after a quick look there are tons of functions that are just stubs
;-) One thing I wonder though is why you directly use the iommu api and
not wrap it up into dma_map? Is arm infrastructure just not there yet or
do you plan to tightly integrate the tegra drm with the iommu (e.g. for
process space switching or similarly funky stuff)?

Yours, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch