PCI resources above 4GB

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Thu Apr 12 09:29:43 PDT 2012

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, 12:22:34 BST, Steven Newbury <steve at snewbury.org.uk> wrote:
> I've attempted to modify probe.c to disable 64-bit BARs not allocated
> above 4G so they get reallocated above when possible later.   It seemed
> to work, but again broke GMA despite the BAR originally containing an
> invalid address as mentioned above, it seems for some reason something
> is different when the conflict is detected and rellocated, compared to
> disabling it early then allocating a valid value..?
I understand now why it didn't work.  Memory decoding was enabled in the GMA device.  When it's detected as in conflict with system RAM it gets reallocated cleanly, but setting the BAR to 0 prevents that from happening.  Somehow I need to get the resources I want moved onto a realloc list, but I can't work out where or how...