[RFC 4/4] drm: Add NVIDIA Tegra support

Thierry Reding thierry.reding at avionic-design.de
Mon Apr 16 12:03:20 PDT 2012

* Stephen Warren wrote:

> >> I think a binary blob makes sense - that's the exact same format it'd
> >> have if read over the DDC I2C bus.
> >
> > DTC has /incbin/ for that. Is arch/arm/boot/dts still the correct place for
> > EDID blobs? I could add tegra-medcom.edid if that's okay.
>
> As far as I know, yes.
>
> Perhaps we'll want to start putting stuff in SoC-specific
> sub-directories given the number of files we'll end up with here
> (irrespective of EDID etc.), but I haven't seen any move towards that yet.

Yes, especially as more machines are moving to DT that directory will soon
become quite cluttered. I suppose a tegra subdirectory wouldn't hurt.

I've been looking about for tools to generate EDID data but didn't find
anything useful. Does anyone know of any tool that's more convenient than
manually filling a struct edid and writing that to a file?

Thierry