[REGRESSION] 3.4-rc* radeon: No DVI-A output after commit e00e8b5e760cb

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Apr 18 05:39:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

I noticed that one machine here gives only the blank output with
3.4-rc's.  The bisection lead me to affecting commit:

    commit e00e8b5e760cbbe9067daeae5454d67c44c8d035
    Author: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher at amd.com>
    Date:   Fri Mar 16 12:22:09 2012 -0400

    drm/radeon/kms: fix analog load detection on DVI-I connectors

Reverting this commit helped, it goes back to normal.

On this system, the VGA monitor is connected to DVI over a VGA-DVI
connector (and even VGA-switcher).  So, yeah, it's a strange setup.
But a regression is a regression.

I'm willing to test any patch.

thanks,

Takashi