Bug reports on the psb-gfx driver

Kristoffer Eriksson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:22:21 PDT 2012

Alan Cox skrev 2012-04-18 23:21:
>> That frequency seems about the same as the one I'm experiences. All though
>> some times it's more often, but I can't say I've done anything special at
>> the same time.
>>
>> 3.3.2-1-ARCH
>> Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz

> What X display server are you using (fbdev or other ?). Also I see a few
> writes to the brightness in the log - did you fiddle with the brightness
> by hand at all ?
Alan,

Without looking at the code I can say that those brightness commands are
not related to this
issue since Ive been having them since the first working kernel version.
Havent had time to look at the code but Ive understod them to happen
simply when you
press a key to return from backlight suspend. Something like the default
brightness setting that gets invoked
after return from suspend.

Håvar see
[ 7659.177126] gma500 0000:00:02.0: Backlight lvds set brightness 186a186a

while I see
[....] gma500 0000:00:02.0: Backlight lvds set brightness 7a127a12

> Either way I suspect the only way to find this is to verify a
> configuration it occurs on, go back a kernel, verify it doesn't happen
> there and then build a kernel to the point in the git tree before the
> gma500 patches were changed (to check its not caused by something else
> such as an ACPI change), then try and find which one caused it.
Will do further fresh builds to see if I can reproduce the blanking
issue and also
test out the patch.