DVI/VGA/HDI mess on Radeon HD 6570

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Mon Apr 30 02:33:39 PDT 2012

> On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 18:56 +0100, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>
>> Thanks. As I am logged in as my user, there's no such button.
>> How can I set it as the system default? It was a long time ago
>> when GNOME allowed a root login.
> Ideally, gnome would implement that button.
>
> Failing that you can set Option "Primary" for the appropriate monitor
> section in xorg.conf.
>
> - ajax

I have found a way to match GDM's behaviour to what I have
set in my session. This is embarrassingly simple. After setting
up the monitors in the GNOME display applet:

sudo cp ~/.config/monitors.xml /var/lib/gdm/.config/

Next time GDM restarted, it behaved the way I set up.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi