-next queue and EDID stuff

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:33:16 PDT 2012

On 08/27/2012 03:24 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1310091/ - nak, the commit message
> itself gives away that we're doing else something wrong here.  If
> DISABLE_AUDIO is sufficient for one driver it should be sufficient for all.

Actually, I believe that the error is probably in the Intel driver.  As
I understand it, it shouldn't be sending audio InfoFrames to a non-HDMI
display.

> I don't really see the point in the EDID_MFG_ID() bit of the quirks
> rework.  Have we actually seen a monitor where that field was malformed
> in a way that would require it?

It makes the code to compare, parse, and display the IDs a lot cleaner
(IMO).  I have no idea if there are monitors with malformed IDs out
there, but it seems better to have code that will be able to gracefully
handle the situation if it ever does arise.

Hope that clears a couple of things up.