Fan control in nouveau driver with geforce 9600gt

Ozan Çağlayan ozancag at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:02:20 PST 2012

Hi,

I have a geforce 9600gt (nv94) display adapter which has its fan
running at 100% speed. Yesterday I've compiled and booted with the
latest nouveau-2.6 tree. sensors from lm_sensors can correctly acquire
GPU temperature and PWM speed but as far as I understood setting the
speed is still not supported, am I right?

dmesg lists 3 performance levels with 100% fanspeed all of them.

Are there any other things that I can try? I saw a prlvl_wr module
parameter which enables setting performance level but it is indicated
that it is dangerous. Anyway, anything that I can try and help you?

Thanks.

--
Ozan Çağlayan
Research Assistant