[RFC v2 0/5] Common Display Framework

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Mon Dec 17 07:02:19 PST 2012

Hi Sascha,

On Friday 23 November 2012 22:41:58 Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:45:31PM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > From: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart+renesas at ideasonboard.com>
> >
> > The CDF models this using a Russian doll's model. From the display
> > controller point of view only the first external entity (LVDS to DSI
> > converter) is visible. The display controller thus calls the control
> > operations implemented by the LVDS to DSI transmitter driver (left-most
> > green arrow). The driver is aware of the next entity in the chain,
>
> I can't find this in the code. I can see the video operations
> propagating upstream using the source field of struct display_entity,
> but how do the control operations propagate downstream? Am I missing
> something?

There's no downstream propagation yet, as there's no display entity driver
that requires it at the moment. Propagation would be implemented in
transceiver drivers for instance. I'll have to find one with public
documentation (and hopefully an existing mainline driver) on one of the boards
I own.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart