[RFC v2 0/5] Common Display Framework

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Mon Dec 17 14:00:14 PST 2012

Hi Vikas,

On Friday 14 December 2012 10:27:12 Vikas Sajjan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was thinking of porting samsung exynos 5250 display driver as per CDF,
>
> but i had certain doubts and wanted to discuss with you guys,
>
>  1. Samsung Exynos supports MIPI DSI based display panels, wondering how to
>  accommodate such thing in.  I mean how do I register my MIPI DSI driver
>  with CDF. because the s6e8ax0 AMOLED lcd driver registers itself with MIPI
>  DSI driver, and later the MIPI DSI driver probe calls the probe and init
>  sequence of the LCD driver.
>  Wanted know if anybody about any thoughts on this ?

As explained in my previous mail, MIPI DSI panels should be supported in a
similar way as MIPI DPI panels. The DSI API is missing, but only because
nobody has implemented it yet.

> 2.One more thing is, when went through the patchset I coudn't get who
> will register the mipi_dbi_bus_ops?

That's the display controller driver. A sample implementation is available at
http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/fbdev.git/shortlog/refs/heads/lcdc-panel, see
the "fbdev: sh_mobile_lcdc: Add generic panel support" and "fbdev:
sh_mobile_lcdc: MIPI DBI bus support" patches.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart