[mipsel+rs780e]Occasionally "GPU lockup" after resuming from suspend.

Chen Jie chenj at lemote.com
Thu Feb 16 01:21:10 PST 2012

Hi,

在 2012年2月15日 下午11:53,Jerome Glisse <j.glisse at gmail.com> 写道:
> To me it looks like the CP is trying to fetch memory but the
> GPU memory controller fail to fullfill cp request. Did you
> check the PCI configuration before & after (when things don't
> work) My best guest is PCI bus mastering is no properly working
> or the PCIE GPU gart table as wrong data.
>
> Maybe one need to drop bus master and reenable bus master to
> work around some bug...
Thanks for your suggestion. We've tried the 'drop and reenable master'
trick, unfortunately doesn't work.
The PCI configuration compare will be done later.

Some additional information:
The "GPU Lockup" seems always occur after tasks be restarting -- We
inserted more ring tests , non of them failed before restarting tasks.

BTW, I hacked GART  table to try to simulate the problem:
1. Changes the system memory address(bus address) of ring_obj to an
arbitrary value, e.g. 0 or 128M.
2. Changes the system memory address of a BO in radeon_test to an
arbitrary value, e.g. 0

Non of above leaded to a GPU Lockup:
Point 1 rendered a black screen;
Point 2 only the test itself failed