Problem: drm/gma500_gfx on fit-pc2 shows only half of the screen

Alan Cox alan at linux.intel.com
Sat Jan 28 12:37:50 PST 2012

> top half of the screen after booting on my fit-pc2 [1]. The bottom
> half keeps the last output of the console. During booting the console
> is shown on the complete screen in the correct monitor resolution.

I have an idea what that is actually and I've seen similar on Fedora I
think

Can you do the following. In gma500/framebuffer.c find the code that
reads

        info->flags = FBINFO_DEFAULT;
        if (dev_priv->ops->accel_2d && pitch_lines > 8) /* 2D engine */
                info->fbops = &psbfb_ops;
        else if (gtt_roll) {    /* GTT rolling seems best */
                info->fbops = &psbfb_roll_ops;
                info->flags |= FBINFO_HWACCEL_YPAN;
        } else  /* Software */
                info->fbops = &psbfb_unaccel_ops;