Fwd: Brightness on HP EliteBook 8460p

Luca Tettamanti kronos.it at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 03:29:43 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Pali Rohár <pali.rohar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have some good news. Radeon patches from this post
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2012-July/025535.html
> export brightness file /sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl/brightness
> And finally with these patches I'm able to change brightness on my EliteBook.

Nice, in your older mail I read:

> The PEGP.DGFX acpi device was binding to
> acpi/video driver, the above ASL code emit a 0xD0 bus event to
> video.c but cann't process it. Even we add a new bus event in
> video.c and generate a acpi event, there still need another acpi
> driver should take care it.

That event (0xd0) is probably a custom event announced through ATIF.
I'm working on the code to deal with it, the latest patches are here:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2012-July/025646.html

You first need this one with the ACPI header:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2012-July/025517.html

and the other 3 that you've already tested. With my patches on top you
should be able to change the brightness using the hotkeys.

I'd be grateful if you could test them :-)

Luca