about_radeon_dma

llittle了了 sizhiying at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:55:24 PDT 2012

Thanks for you reply!

I use PCI――MMIO to access VRAM and GTT areas. And for ring_buffer, it alloced from the vmalloc―area and vmap to the physical address using page table.

 If  enable the radeon_benchmark, it first to prepare the dma channel. "set_tex_resource(), set_render_target(), cp_set_surface_sync()" ,such functions only write ring_buffer. The ring_buffer is vma-area, even it map to physical area. But for radeon_card, how it know the physical-area??

 The question is same to the SCRACH test, ring_test. Why I write into ring_buffer,then the card register will know the value "deadbeef" ??

Do I not understand the real card work?  ring_test??