[3.4 regression] [bisected] DisplayPort fails to come on

Wouter M. Koolen W.M.Koolen-Wijkstra at cwi.nl
Thu Jun 14 07:48:16 PDT 2012

On 06/14/2012 03:05 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Can you please boot with drm.debug=0xe added to your kernel
> cmdline and attach the full dmesg, so we know a bit what your display
> hw looks like?
Please find attached dmesg output with drm.debug=0xe.

3.3.8 is the baseline, on which the display port monitor works fine.
3.4.2.cold is a cold boot into 3.4.2. The monitor on the display port
remains blank. That is, it displays "No Signal Input" and then enters
power saving mode.
3.4.2 is a reboot after running 3.3.8 first. Now the monitor attached to
the display port works too.

The main difference between 3.4.2 and 3.4.2.cold seems to be that a warm
boot reports "clock recovery OK", whereas a cold boot fails trying to
train the link.

I did have a look at the (many) differences between 3.3.8 and 3.4.2, but
I can't see anything that looks important. I will happily leave further
interpretation to you.

I hope this will give someone an idea. In the mean while I will redo the
bisect.

With kind regards,

Wouter